Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ah! yes, school has begun.

The first day of school was on Tues Aug. 24th

Carter was excited to ride the bus for the first time.  I on the other hand was a little nervous about the whole idea.  So for my comfort, I followed the bus to school.  Carter did not think that was cool.  He says "Mom, are you going to follow the bus to school everyday?  Please don't." Ha ha ha ha ha ha...
He likes his 4th grade teacher and is doing great.

McKensie was not totally thrilled about starting a new school as a 9th grader.  (I felt bad for her, with us making her move and all) Now that she has been a few days and making some friends, it's getting better.
Here are pictures of their exciting 1st Day Of School 2010!
Below is McKensie's friend Kassie (They went to day care together when they were 2 until 5 yrs old, been family friends ever since)  Kassie now lives just up the street from us.  The bus stop is in front of her house.  Convenient!  
The catch is...
Kassie is only 3 months older then McKensie but, she is in 10th grade and goes to the High School-would of been nice if she went with McKensie.

 

McKensie's bus comes an hour before Carter's
Fink Fam - Can I just say, Carter looks so much like Sam here.
Leaving our house - Then at the school. LOL.  Didn't lie, I followed the bus;)

3 comments:

VolleyMom said...

Don't feel like a creepy mom following her kids to school. I follow R. everyday to school and home from school. He rides his bike. He just doesn't know it. I am a sneak!

Lee Ann said...

;-) Love the first day of school. I'm so happy he loves the bus.

Nate and Joelle said...

I LOVE THE PICS! And I don't think Carter looks like Sam really, but maybe that is just me. We have to come visit soon especially if we don't come for Christmas! I miss you guys, and I have to see your new house. wow, I didn't know I had so much to say.